Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 428


My parents went to Texas to attend my niece's wedding.  They will be arriving home today.  After a long travel day I like to have something in their fridge for them to eat so they don't need to worry about food prep.  For today I left them chicken spring rolls, cucumber/tomato salad (from their own garden!), grapes and strawberries and some Soy Vay sauce to dip their rolls.

Day 428 - D has leftover pizza, salad, strawberries and a Hello Kitty cupcake from her Great Nana.


I have a salad of leftover roasted chicken, Cabot Hot Buffalo Wing cheddar cheese, kidney beans and cucumbers over a bed of lettuce. For my "dressing" today I used a little bit of a leftover dip I had made this weekend.  I took about 1 cup greek yogurt, mixed it with about a tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles and about a 1/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot.  I also added a couple of dashes of Tabasco Habanero sauce.  I used it to dip soft pretzels over the weekend.
 

8 comments:

  1. I just found your blog on Pinterest. :)
    This looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lunches!! Will you come make my lunch when I've been traveling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you use to make the spring rolls? They look so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SUCH gorgeous lunches Dina! I was wondering too, if you made the spring rolls. And if so, how? They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did make the Spring Rolls. I use Blue Dragon Spring roll wrappers. I took shredded chicken and tossed it with a little Soy Vay Teriyaki sauce. Then I put in lettuce shredded carrots and thinly sliced cucumbers (match stick size like in sushi). I also use Ka-Me Bean Threads. I roll all that up in a softened wrapper. I added more sauce for dipping.

    ReplyDelete