Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 471

I'm baaaack!!  So much has happened since I last posted.   I will post D's lunch but today's post isn't really about lunch it's about getting back in the saddle.

The picture is awful but for lunch today D has breakfast!  Blueberry pancakes, breakfast sausage patties, syrup, clementine and a peanut butter brownie.

The holidays are always a crazy busy time and seems like a good time to take a blogging break. So even though I hadn't actually planned a break, life took over and decided that I should take a break.   The week before Thanksgiving we lost our beloved Kane.
It was sudden, unexpected and completely devastating.  It was really hard for my husband and I but it was unbearable for D.  She has never known a life without Kane.
I wanted to wait to get another dog.  I knew we "needed" one.  We are a dog family.  Our dogs are our kids and do everything with us.  I held that stance until the first time that I had to be the first one into the empty house.  NOPE...did not work for me at all.

So enter....
CAPONE!

It has only been a little over a week.  We got him the day after Christmas.  He has brought some life back into our home.  We are looking forward to many years and many adventures with him.  I am also looking forward to getting back to my routine and today's post is step one!  

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It was a bad time to be a dog. I lost my Spice - admittedly at 17 she was an ancient beagle, but it was a massive shock for my husband who had to deal with her having a stroke while I was overseas. After putting our other dog on antidepressants we knew we couldn't wait any longer to get a second dog, so enter Solo (who will be re-named Spock), a gorgeous older beagle puppy. Good luck with the puppy - personally I had forgotten the need to chew everything.... And I've lost a pair of jandals already ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juanita,
      I am so sorry to hear about your Spice. Our Kane was 10 and at an "old age" for a bull mastiff. He had cancer that spread to his brain and caused seizures. Completely out of the blue. Good luck with Spock! Right now Capone is still just chewing on my kids! LOL He is only 10 weeks old so I'm sure I'll be losing personal items before too long!

      Delete