Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 324

Day 324 - Someone in my google+ Lunch Packing Community had posted a recipe the other day for BLT Pasta Salad.  It looked and sounded delicious!  I wish I could find the post so I could credit back to her.  I'll keep looking.  Anyway, the recipe called for bacon, mayonnaise and sour cream, that is a lot of fat jammed into a "salad"!  I used real bacon bits which are fairly lean and pack a ton of bacon flavor.  I replaced the mayo and sour cream with yogurt.  The recipe also called for cooking the tomatoes in bacon drippings.  I lightly sprayed a non stick pan with olive oil.  So all in all I think I lightened it up pretty good!  It was delicious!  D also has some orange jello with a couple of mini marshmallows and a clementine.


5 comments:

  1. Come at mine! There's a page on you... hUgs! Steffy
    www.steffys.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog has made me homesick! I'm in my first year of university and really missing the home-cooking, but will you come be my new mom please? ;) You're very creative and, speaking as a not-too-long-ago little girl, she may not realize at the moment the effort you make for her, but trust me she will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very sweet! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog on Pinterest.
    Your lunches look great!
    Did you post this recipe for the light BLT salad? I didn't see it...

    ReplyDelete