Thursday, April 25, 2013

Day 378



 Day 378 - Lunch today is a peanut butter & honey sandwich cut out with a Lunch Punch, homemade granola bar, grape tomatoes, homemade vanilla yogurt and a Hello Kitty marshmallow.







This is Earth Week at D's school.  One of the activities that they have to do is make a hat out of recyclable materials for their Recycled Hat Parade.

We started with a milk jug.  We cut it just under the handle and used the bottom as the hat base.  We put some felt around the edges in case they were sharp. 

We cut the tops off of plastic water bottles and made flowers out of them.  D painted them then we glued them to the top.

She used a rolled up paper bag as the brim and decorated it with newspaper/button flowers!

She is pretty proud of her beautiful Recycled Hat!!



8 comments:

  1. I'm blown away by this hat, it's just so pretty & fun! Lovely lunch to match too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cristi! I was at a loss as to what to do then I saw the tiara on your FB page and it was a great jump start!!

      Delete
  2. I'm considering getting easy lunch boxes. I see they are not spill proof. How do you keep the yogurt from oozing? Thanks so much for your answer and the amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I use it for something really wet I'll put a small piece of Press N' Seal over the top or just a piece of plastic wrap but for the most part I am able to put her lunchbox flat on the bottom of her backpack and then there is no spilling or leaking at all. I highly recommend the Easy lunch boxes. As you can see I pretty much use them exclusively.

      Delete
  3. Everything about this hat is brilliant, Dina, and your flowers are just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! I loved your idea! It was a great inspiration!

      Delete
  4. Visiting via Happy Hooligans share Saturday. This hat is gorgeous and I love that it is totally upcycled.
    Also, that homemade granola bar looks yummy. Do you have the recipe on the blog somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I used this recipe that I found on pinterest http://ihearexercisewillkillyou.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-best-no-bake-bars-youll-ever-eat.html but I added another 1/2 c oats and 2 C puffed rice cereal.

      Delete