Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 275


Day 275 - This morning when I took out the hamburger bun to make D's pb & j sandwich I was thinking I'd cut it into a dog or a bear.  As I was looking at the bun it kind of reminded me of an alien head so I was like ok an alien it is!  Once I got the eyes and mouth on it started to remind me of this painting.  So you will have to decide for yourself what D's sandwich is today!

In addition to the sandwich she has bell pepper slices and cherry tomatoes that D grew in her very own garden.  She has some sunflower seeds with some chocolate covered sunflower seeds, homemade cranberry/applesauce with chia seeds and two pumpkin no-bake cookies.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful healthy lunch! Love that D grew her own tomatoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a brown thumb...I seriously can't keep any plant alive but every year D and I plant a garden because she loves it so much! She grew the peppers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a friendly alien :) I am addicted to those choc covered sunflower seeds! Homemade applesauce sounds delish, do you have the recipe Dina?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rina, I peel and chop as many apples as my crockpot will hold then add about 1/2 c water and cook on high until the apples fall apart! LOL I sometimes add a cup of cranberries or a couple hand fulls of dried apricots and use a stick blender to puree it. I put it in 2c containers and store it in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome lunch! I love how you combined an art lesson with Halloween, ha ha! Thanks for sharing this for Fancy Sandwich Friday :)

    ReplyDelete